About Video Formats
Video formats are our newest addition to the inventory. We offer 2 different options: Video Pre-Roll and Video IM slider. Both of these ad formats have the same technical recommendations.
How to create your first Video campaign
Once you create your account and make your first deposit, you will be able to start advertising. You will start on the campaign creation page, which looks like this:
Start by filling in some information, such as:
- Campaign Name: We recommend stating your Product - Targeted Country - Bidding model - Site & Adspot (if targeted). Example: My product - USA - CPC - Site.com.
- Ad Formats: Here is where you will be choosing the ad format. In general, we offer Native, Push, Standard Banners, and Video. Select Video ad format.
- Countries: Choose the countries you want to run your ads in. To select, you can use the drop-down menu or use our quick selection (Tier 1, 2, or 3).
- Regions: You also have the option to narrow down by specific regions.
- Ad Group: You can create different ad groups from this section.
You can target your audience by the same parameters as with other ad formats - Language, Device, Operating System, Browser, Carrier, Proxy Traffic Type, and IP range.
You can also add targeting by Device Brands, Months Since Release Date, and Model Price, which are available by request. If you want to try these targeting options and request permission, get in touch with your Account Manager.
>>> Read more about our Targeting options
- Retargeting - You can generate a retargeting pixel on the edit page once the campaign will be created.
Schedule start, end, and exception date of your campaign.
- Traffic Selection: Ron (Run on Network) - targeting all ad spots, and Prime - only VIP and best ad spots.
NOTE: Once saved, you will not be able to switch between RON and Prime.
Tip: To all new users, we recommend starting by running a test campaign on RON traffic. This will allow you to see the results on a variety of traffic sources and ad spots. When you get the feel of what works best, you will be able to adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Site ID List: Target specific site ID.
- Spot ID List: Target specific spot ID.
Under the Site ID List & Spot ID List section, you can target (Whitelist) or exclude (Blacklist) specific Site or Spot IDs, by listing them all at once.
- Advertising Model: CPC/CPM/dCPM
>>> If you need help choosing between different Advertising Models, read more about them
CPC - Cost per Click, select your min. bid.
CPM - Standard model, Cost per Mille / Cost per Thousand Impressions.
Dynamic CPM option - If you choose the Dynamic model, your bid will adjust automatically to the bids of others. You will never pay more than the maximum you select.
- Daily Budget - If you reach your budget before the end of the day your campaign will be stopped until the next day starts.
- Distribution- Choose between ASAP - spend your budget as soon as possible, or select EVEN - to distribute your budget evenly throughout the day.
>>> To find out more about the
bidding system, click here.
This is the page where you will upload your images and the URL. Here is where you can also organize the images by their Priority and select Frequency Capping.
- Ad Format & Ad Type - Under this section, you will always see which format you are working on, at the moment. In this case, it will show Video.
- Tracking tools- under this section you can find your retargeting pixel options, Dynamic Parameters, S2S tracking, and RUNative API.
- Guidelines- under this section you can find RUNative Advertiser Guidelines with more information about our Flagging systems and Rejection reasons.
>>> Read more about our Advertiser Guidelines here.
- Upload - Start creating your ad by uploading the video/animation file you want to promote. Remember, that your file needs to fulfill these technical recommendations:
File format: mp4, avi, MOV, VAST
Bit Rate: 8 MBit/s
Weight: up to 20 MB
- Add Icon - You can add a product logo to your video ad. The maximum size for this icon is 200x200 pixels.
- Brand Name - Brandname is usually the name of your website or name of the campaign or your product. It is visible to users in bold, with a maximum of 25 signs.
- Headline - "The catch". Here you can address your message. We recommend using variables to customize your message and make it more attractive for the user. You can select variables in the dropdown menu as you are writing your headlines. The maximum is 80 signs.
- CTA (Call To Action) Brandname - This is where you need to fill in your Call To Action.
- URL - The landing page URL.
- Priority - In case you are planning to run multiple animations or videos in one campaign. This will indicate the priority based on which the animations/videos will be displayed. Number 1 - is the lowest priority, 10 - the highest priority.
- Frequency Capping - Frequency Capping indicates how many times you want to display your ad image to the same user.
Adding Notes to your campaigns is a useful feature that enables you to log your changes, write notes of what works best for that specific campaign, and keep up-to-date with your progress. Always remember to save your campaign, after applying changes and adding the Notes.